General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Late 30s

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 16 Jul 2022 10:19

I am now officially in my late 30s and despite Mr Owls (he’s 40 in September) teasing there was not a massive bolt of lightning at midnight. In fairness though it’s not the getting older that bothers me it’s the wondering where the time has gone. Does everyone still feel the same as they did at 21 until their body occasionally tells them they’re not?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jul 2022 10:29

Well at 81, 21 would be pushing it a bit. But I do still mentally feel as I did in my 30s, it would be practically impossible to feel it physically I think. Luckily I stay reasonably healthy with just the normal twinges occasionally.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Jul 2022 11:19

I am three years behind you, Ann. I am lucky because I still do dance classes and it keeps my arthritis at bay.

Tawny, the dance classes I do are not the gentle, trip-the-light-fantastic stuff; it’s jazz, swing, twist, jive etc so no tutu either! When I was diagnosed with arthritis at 40 my doc prescribed strong tablets and told me to keep active, take a tablet and exercise when the tablet’s effects kick in.

I took the doc’s excellent advice (and rarely even need a tablet now as I have kept my joints supple) so I am passing it on to you, Tawny. Keep moving and good luck. :-D

Tawny

Tawny Report 16 Jul 2022 12:38

Thank you JoyLouise

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Jul 2022 11:54

I'm fairly young compared to Ann and JoyLouise, having reached retirement age (that's 66) last Monday.
Yesterday, my elder daughter and I went to Mottisfont house, where I learnt, I haven't changed much since she was a little girl :-D

We were walking along one of the flint/gravel paths, when a large bit of flint caught my eye. It was beautiful, so I stopped, and this 'old biddy' was, to passers by, enthusing about the path!! :-S
Daughter was enthralled that I hadn't changed, and still found joy in simple things.

'All very well', I said, but now, instead of people thinking I'm interested in the simple things, they'll be calling me a batty old dear' :-(

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Jul 2022 14:59

Congratulations to Tawny & Maggie.