General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Outlaws

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jul 2022 22:37

Did anyone else watch this?

Absolutely amazing!

Pulled every emotion to pieces.

Von

Von Report 11 Jul 2022 11:16

Maggie

I’m sorry to say I watched a bit of one episode but I’m afraid it was too violent for me :-(

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Jul 2022 11:49

I watched both series on iplayer a month or so ago as I knew Stephen Merchant was one of the writers.

I think some members of the general public could find it unbelievable but I think all in any kind of law enforcement work have probably shaken their heads in disbelief at similar inane but true-to-life happenings.

It began to pall a little midway through the second series but I stuck with it.

The last episode of series two indicated, to me, that there could be a series three. It very much suggested more in the offing - but will they have the budget for another series. Clever writing though, to leave one dangling.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Jul 2022 12:20

Von, you must have watched one of the few bits of violence in it.

Joy Louise, I just loved the way it pulled on all the emotions - usually when you were least expecting it!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Jul 2022 13:53

I thought it was amusing but based on a reality that not many people have any experience of really.

It also occurred to me - and I watched a few episodes to see whether I could be right - that the writers had been watching reality shows like ‘The Force Manchester, North East’ etc which is where they could have drawn a lot of people’s characters, actions, stupidity and ways of life from. We definitely don’t see the worst there but they would not broadcast the worst for public view anyway as it would shock and possibly scare too much of Joe public.

Maggie, you will get a surprise in the last episode of Series 2, I think, but you may (or may not) agree with me that it leaves an opening for Series 3.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Jul 2022 13:56

Just checked Maggie and Merchant based it on his parents’ experience handling young offenders.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Jul 2022 17:08

Joy Louise - I watched the last episode last night.

As for what it's based on - sounds about right! :-D :-D :-D

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 11 Jul 2022 18:44

Watched the 1st series and enjoyed it, but missed some of the 2nd and gave up! Hopefully catch up on IPlayer. A good cast and mix of dark and light subject matter.