General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New printer sorted!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Jul 2022 18:32

Feeling proud of myself this afternoon as I was on a mission to find another printer, the same make and model as the one I have had for over 5 years. It is a 3 in one, printer, scanner and photocopier and very easy to use.

A few months ago, it started switching itself on and off and one night, I heard this noise and got such a fright. The printer had started chuntering away to itself! The one/off button kept getting stuck and wasn't working properly.

It also started spewing out blank paper sheets without any reason.

So spent the afternoon surfing the net which wasn't easy. So many times I thought I had found the exact model only to find...it was sold out, no longer available etc.
It said on one supplier it had been replaced by a new model which did look very similar, however the ink cartridges were different and I had still 2 new ones to use.

Suddenly I found it and only £30 more than it was over 5 years ago and in the original box etc. Postage £4.99. If it lasts another 5 years that's fine and then I will upgrade to something different but for now I'm just so happy I found what I was looking for!

I guess we all get use to using something and don't like change. Creatures of habit.

Florence in the hebrides

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 Jul 2022 12:04

I hope it lasts a long time, Florence. I like things built to last.

Our printer does a multitude of things too and you got me trying to work out how long we’d had it. Certainly all of this century as I did not change it when we got the new computer several years ago and the previous computer was bought around 1998. I was not happy at having to change it then because we could make phone calls through the older one but not the new one.

My OH, who loves gadgets, has mentioned buying a new primter but this one prints and functions perfectly well.

I am of the ‘if-it-ain’t-broke-don’t-fix-it’ brigade. :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Jul 2022 13:24

Same Jl :-D :-D

Annx

Annx Report 11 Jul 2022 21:45

Well done! It was worth the searching then. We are the same as Joan and not just with printers. Most things (including new cars) have all these gadgets that you don't need or want and finding out how to use them with the pitiful instructions if any isn't easy.

Hubby had a cheap Casio watch he wore every day for over 30 years before it finally stopped and wouldn't go again. He really liked it so I searched on the internet and eventually found one as they were still being made. He was so chuffed you would have thought it was solid gold!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 Jul 2022 23:28

Annx that was a brilliant find. Well done you and so pleased for your hubby.