General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

50% discount on Census 1921 records this weekend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 21 Apr 2022 16:47

Just had an email from the National Archives saying that from 10 am BST Fri 22nd April to 23:59 Mon 25th April, FMP 1921 census purchases will have a 50% discount automatically applied at checkout.

No need to have a subscription to search and purchase.

FMP 12 month PRO subscribers who currently receive a 10% discount, will see this increased to 50% for the duration of the offer.

Have cross posted to Ancestors and Genealogy chat.

Island

Island Report 21 Apr 2022 18:05

Thanks for that Kucinta.
Not selling well I wonder? ;-)

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 21 Apr 2022 18:35

Could be, Island, could be...

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 21 Apr 2022 19:35

Thanks Kucinta.....I need to purchase one for a cousin, so I shall wait until tomorrow :-)

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 21 Apr 2022 20:09

I'd feel happier if I had an email or publicity from FMP, but they did produce the 1921 census transcripts in conjunction with the National Archives, so I assume the National Archives have got it right.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 22 Apr 2022 12:26

Well it works £1.75 for an image :-D. Can't see it advertised anywhere though :-S

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 22 Apr 2022 13:06

I have had emails from National Archives, FMP, Lost Cousins and Family History Federation telling me about it. Plus it's on Twitter.

Island

Island Report 22 Apr 2022 14:10

You must be on the extra special list Pat ;-) :-D

I haven't had an email from FMP even though I have the 'email me' boxes ticked. In fact the only emails I get from them are 'thank you for renewing' or whatever it says.

No mention on FMP site or their FB page. Clearly not fussed about selling after all.

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 22 Apr 2022 15:16

Glad it works ok, makes it easier to justify getting one or two or even a few of those 'I'd really like to have this one' census images from 1921.

If it hasn't been overly publicised, less chance of the site getting overloaded, depending on what the demand turned out to be :-)

Island

Island Report 22 Apr 2022 15:48

good point re overloading Kucinta