General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone else

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Apr 2022 23:22

Have a pet who would prefer you to go to bed at a regular time?
Betty (cat, aged 15 - not a lap cat) likes me to go to bed between 10pm and 10.30pm.

Any time later that this is accompanied by regular 'interference', (I MUST walk across the keyboard) and/or loud meowing.from a distance - and if that doesn't work, meowing closer and closer until she's giving little pathetic meows in your face! f.:-S

I mean. I'm not stopping her sleeping - she'd just prefer all the lights were off.

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Apr 2022 23:52

Our dog will go sleep in the laundry room because it's darker and quieter if we're still all awake and annoying her. :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Apr 2022 00:07

Caroline - how very DARE we keep them awake!???? :-D :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Apr 2022 05:07

:-D :-D.....she gets her own back, she barks at stupid O'clock the next morning if we've kept her awake at night.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Apr 2022 09:50

I have a cat who sleeps all day more or less and then is in and out like a yo yo all evening

Even when let in and I lock the door and prepare for bed it’s nooo I gotta go out again even though it’s two seconds since I came in

Afraid in the summer it’s ok but you are out all night then cos I,m not waiting up till silly o’clock to let you in !

But I haven’t the heart to do that when it’s cold or raining

He knows how to manipulate that’s for sure .

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 3 Apr 2022 11:01

Tell me a pet that doesn't know how to manipulate, Shirley :-0

Ralphie will take himself to his night bed when he wants to settle for the night, it's in the kitchen where there is just one small cabinet light on. :-D

As soon as I rise in the morning he is up and by the back door ready to dart down the garden barking for all he is worth just in case there are any for legged intruders in the garden :-0 :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Apr 2022 11:32

Oh yes - the going outside :-S
I've put a cat flap in the door. Betty will occasionally use it, but she would rather I opened the door for her. She lets me know this, by standing in the doorway - I'm meant to notice, and open the back door for her.
If I don't notice, she will use the hall floor.
She won't go outside in the evening - unless the kitchen light is on, and refuses to use a litter tray.
In her defence, Betty is very old, and has been traumatised, firstly by moving house in her 15th year, then by all the work going on in the house. She's not a 'people' cat, and likes a quiet life.
I am, today, deconstructing the living room - again - in preparation for the boarding and skimming of the ceiling tomorrow :-|

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Apr 2022 12:30

Mr Tibbs the cat is now coming up to 9 years old

Was a rehomed cat from cats protection in 2013

He will ask to go out by sitting at my feet and gazing up at me but if that’s ignored he will come to the side of the chair and stand up and pat my arm and walk behind the chair to the back door and sit

I don’t respond immediately he will come back to the other side of the chair and aggressively grab my sleeve whilst meowing loudly,

It’s almost like come on woman let me out , you have been asked so get on with it !

He certainly can let you know what he wants and its now too

BrianW

BrianW Report 3 Apr 2022 14:19

Our 5 month old Guide Dog puppy is usually put to bed in her crate around 21:30 but invariably wakes around 06:10.

When the clocks altered she still woke at the same time, so it's not the light that wakes her.

I can only conclude that something disturbes her, the only thing I can think of is the central heating, but that comes on at 05:30.

Our own Alsation sleeps in until one of us comes down, whatever time that might be.