General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Merry Christmas everyone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Dec 2021 03:50

I hope you all have a great day with family and friends, wherever possible.

We're spending it alone for a second year as much of Canada is under restrictions as to how many people we can have in our homes, and we were unable to travel to Nova Scotia for the second year in a row.

Let's all hope that 2022 is a better year, though I do have my doubts, until we can accept that it is now epidemic and has to be treated like flu with regular vaccinations.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 25 Dec 2021 07:06

Merry Christmas, Sylvia....enjoy your day when it comes :-)

Sadly, so many people's plans have been disrupted again this year....I know of a few people who have recently tested positive for Omicron so will spend Christmas in forced isolation and others who were not prepared to take the risk mixing with people:-(

I will be spending Christmas with my dog, Ralphie who is not the greatest of conversationist but, at least, is good company ;-). Thank goodness for technology as my day will be interspersed with telephone calls:-)

I know there are others who won't have such a nice Christmas :-( <3

Allan

Allan Report 25 Dec 2021 09:16

Merry Christmas, Sylvia.

Western Australia has now joined the rest of the world with an outbreak of the Delta variant. We are waiting to see what the Premier's reaction to it will be although he has suggested the depending on the number of cases he may just have to accept that it is here to stay and open up the borders.

Edited 26/12/2021 The Covjd variant was not omicron as I first posted. Allan

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Dec 2021 23:55

We had a white Christmas ................... something that is rare in Vancouver, it is more often rain :-D

There was about 4-5 cm of snow when I looked out about 8 am this morning. It has stopped snowing, even had some sunshine, but it is very cold, about -4 or -5C at about 4 pm and getting colder.

Nice and warm in the house, and our turkey breast will be going in the oven in a few minutes.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Yes, LondonBelle I think many people have had their plans disrupted. Hope you had a good day, although alone.

Allan ...... our lockdowns are now due to Omicron, which is burgeoning.

Even if your PM thinks it is time to open the borders to the rest of the country, do you really want them???

Allan

Allan Report 26 Dec 2021 00:08

We don't, Sylvia, although I can only speak for myself. Any border restrictions do not affect OH and myself as we do not travel much and our immediate family live locally to us.

OH and a couple of friends did book a trip to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island which has now been deferred twice, with the possibility of this happening again with the surge of cases in South Australia.

We've reigned ourselves to the fact that she may have to cancel and lose the money paid for the trip.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 26 Dec 2021 12:20

We had a lovely day as both my grown up children, partners and our two granddaughters were here.
I am always thankful when I get the lunch served, eight of us this year, but I managed not to burn anything and alll was well

We had intended to drive to the coast and have a nice long walk, but it is raining constantly, so we have decided to stay in instead