General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Getting frustrated again.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 24 Aug 2021 14:22

I have tried looking on various sites etc for my Uncle born in Australia and he changed his name, I have been unsuccessful in where I've looked so far so does anyone have advice on where I can look please?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Aug 2021 14:36

Is he likely to still be alive?

Where and when did you last know where he was?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 24 Aug 2021 14:36

ZZZzz do you know if he had any other siblings? Was this your mums brother or your dads?
Are you in touch with any cousins who might have any info. What you need to do is write down what you know and try and work from there.
Is this info for a part of your family tree you are working on or just one person you are looking for?

Glad to help or offer advice if i can.

florence in the hebrides

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 24 Aug 2021 15:03

He is my Grandfathers son but he is not my Grandmothers son, my blood connection to him is through my step Uncle, his mother is my Grandmother ( my Mums Mum ) it's very complicated, this Grandfather married a few times bigamously and all who I have asked in the past area deceased.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 24 Aug 2021 18:37

My thinking now is that his boyfriends surname isn't his birth surname, what a nightmare.