General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Immunosuppressive

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 16 Aug 2021 16:11

The other day I received a letter from NHS Scotland, advising me that any 12 - 17 year-olds in regular contact with me could apply to be vaccinated.

The reason is that I am apparently "coded immunosuppressive".

I am??? Since when??? Neither my GP nor the various consultants I have seen over the last couple of years has ever mentioned this.

It sounds from reading the letter that I am regarded as "vulnerable" and I have a sneaking suspicion that I should perhaps have been shielding/self-isolating for the last 18 months!

If that is true then I am glad I didn't know about it and I certainly don't intend to start now!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Aug 2021 16:32

My 19 year old grand daughter was invited to get vaccinated in June.
She went along, they vaccinated her, because, they had her down as a health worker.
She works in a pub!
Her mum is a health worker!

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Aug 2021 16:54

Over here all 12 year olds and up have been getting vaccinated for at least a month now.