General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wide Awake and On Edge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 14 Aug 2021 04:24

Mr Owl should have left Glasgow on a train just after 11.45pm With the train journey taking around 45 minutes plus a taxi home I expected to see him around 12.45-1am but he’s still not home yet.

Apparently due to the police dealing with an incident the train stopped at Linlithgow station (17 miles away) and Scotrail are paying for taxi’s. I spoke to him 45 minutes ago so hopefully he’ll be home soon.

Tawny

Tawny Report 14 Aug 2021 04:53

Mr Owl has made it back now in one piece. Apparently someone ended up on the tracks at Waverley Station which is so sad. :-( :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Aug 2021 08:02

That's very sad, Tawny. I am glad Mr Owl got home safely but how tragic that someone felt so full of despair they took such desperate action. It's awful for all concerned especially the train driver

Liz x

Tawny

Tawny Report 14 Aug 2021 10:30

It has now been reported that a man fell from a bridge at Waverley Station at around 11.15pm which resulted in the power being turned off at the station. His injuries are non life threatening and he was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary to be checked over.

One good thing at least is he walked away from it.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 14 Aug 2021 10:52

Pleased Mr Owl eventually made it home, worrying nevertheless....it surprising the amount of disruption something like that causes though <3.

Tawny

Tawny Report 14 Aug 2021 12:09

Thank you Belle. Mr Owl and my dad had consumed 14 pints each whilst out too which added to my worry. Both made it home safely though and Mr Owl was sober by the time he got home. It does cause a lot of disruption but I’m pleased the man that fell didn’t end up with serious injuries or worse.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 14 Aug 2021 14:36

Blimey Tawny, have they got hollow legs :-0 :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Aug 2021 07:15

Well we don't know the story behind the fall but I am glad he is ok although injured. But the thought that somebody can drink 14 pints (is that actually true Tawny) and still stand up, let alone get home safely, amazes me. That really is not good for their health. I do hope that was a one off. However, I am pleased he got home safely, it was worrying for you.

Tawny

Tawny Report 16 Aug 2021 13:09

Yes 14 pints is true. 6 before the football match, two at halftime and another 6 after the match. It’s the first time my husband and my dad have been to the ground together since lockdown last year so they were celebrating getting back in. Both know the other is their worst enemy when it comes to drinking.

My dad is 67 and is lucky not to have any alcohol related health problems. As for husband he’s been warned he needs to watch as he may not be as lucky as my dad and who knows how long my dad will continue to dodge bullets for.