General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yay......................

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Jul 2021 23:21

I got my second covid jab this morning, Pfizer as I had the first time. No ill effects yet, last time I felt as though I had a muscle strain for about 36 hours, felt it only when I stretched my arm to get something from the back of the counter or an upper cupboard :-D :-D

But I won't have any problem going below the line into the US, when they do eventually open the border between us. That is if I had any intention of doing such a thing. ;-)

The US CDC has not yet approved a mixed vaccination of Pfizer and Moderna or AstroZenica with either of the other 2, and has NOT approved the AZ vaccine, especially the Indian made form.

It will be interesting to see what will happen if the situation stays that way, as most other countries are using AZ and mixed vaccines.

BTW ............. Canada will be re-opening its border with the US, by air or land, to fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent Residents on August 9, and is talking about opening other international borders (with some reservations) on September 7.

The US is NOT opening the border with Canada, the next date for consideration of opening or extending the closure will be Aug 21, because of the danger of covid transmission

That's interesting because Canada now has 80% of the population over the age of 12 with the first vaccination, and just below 60% of the same age group with second vaccinations. The US is still hovering about 30-40% vaccinated, ages 18 and up only, and infection rates rising :-S

Kay

Kay Report 22 Jul 2021 23:28

Good to hear you're fully vaccinated now Sylvia and hopefully you're safer now. XX

Caroline

Caroline Report 23 Jul 2021 00:43

Well done Sylvia hope you carry on feeling well after the second jab.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Jul 2021 00:58

Yes, it feels good to finally get it. It's only taken a month longer than it should!!

Now 2 more weeks, and I'll count as "fully vaccinated" :-)

Caroline ......... I'm just waiting to see. I felt the effects of the muscle strain from the first one about 9 pm in the evening!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 Jul 2021 07:52

Daughter had her 2nd vaccination booked for August.
She works from home and rarely goes out and then is extremely careful.

Recently, guidelines have changed and when she heard of a drop-in vaccination centre in a nearby town, she went to see if she could get her 2nd there.
She qualified by a day, so had a gap of 8 weeks plus one day between vaccinations.
She had Pfizer and had very slight reaction of 'heaviness' in her arm, but less than 1st.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Jul 2021 22:12

Gwyn .............. good for your daughter!!

Did she have Pfizer for her first shot, as well?

I've been basically isolating at home, going out only for physio and medical office visits. Not mandated but of my own wishes.

I now have the same sort of "muscle strain" feeling that I had with the first Pfizer jab ......... only hurts when I move or lift my arm out of the "resting" position when the jab was done.

Tawny

Tawny Report 23 Jul 2021 22:59

Getting my second Pfizer vaccine tomorrow and hoping I don’t suffer the same reaction as last time. It was hell :-( Mr Owl moved his second jag from Sunday to Monday as he is working in the village we’re getting our jags in at the moment. He was lucky Ashe suffered no side effects last time.

I’m pleased you and daughter have managed your second jags Sylvia.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Jul 2021 08:55

Sylvia

2nd vaccine given is the same type as the 1st. here.

I think there are trials to investigate the various combinations, but generally everyone has the same both times.

Grandson ( adult ) had Astra Zeneca before concerns were raised about giving it to younger people. He had the same for his 2nd and is fine.

I'm not sure how it was decided which vaccine was used at each centre, as it varied there from week to week and even within the week, where I went.