General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Feeling Sore

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 13 Jul 2021 22:03

Yesterday, whilst dodging the current series of cold fronts, and bringing the bins in, I managed to trip over the hose-pipe which had randomly snakes its way over the lower part of the back garden.

I fell heavily on my hands and knees, but the only real damage was done to my dignity.

In breaking my fall I managed to break one of the cat's drinking bowls, which, due to the recent and continuing rains, was full.

The water soaked my trousers, socks and slippers, my pride was dented, and I wondered how long it would take OH to come and see what all the clamour was about!

Too long.....and then she stood on the other side of the window just looking at me. It's nice to know that in he event of a real emergency I may as well crawl off somewhere else for sympathy :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Jul 2021 22:13

aw, poor you!

Allan

Allan Report 13 Jul 2021 22:30

Do I detect a note of sarcasm, rather than genuine concern, there, Sylvia? :-D :-D

Kay

Kay Report 13 Jul 2021 23:36

You really should take more care when out and about-at your age!!!! :-D ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Jul 2021 23:42

Take more water with it Allan :-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 14 Jul 2021 00:26

LG, that was probably part of it. I'm not used to being sober ;-) :-D :-D

I'll blame my recent eye surgery for my not seeing the hose, and then I'll blame OH for leaving it there! :-| :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 14 Jul 2021 08:37

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Jul 2021 21:14

Is the cat to blame for the water bowl??

Hope you're okay Allan.

McAlp

McAlp Report 15 Jul 2021 14:26

Oh that's a shame Allen.
But my I ask if you have had that much rain?
Why was the hosepipe still laying outside on the ground?

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jul 2021 23:22

McAlp, the normal July rainfall is about 179 mm, but that amount fell over over the first week this year. Perth has had its wettest July in twenty years and we are not far behind.

A series of cold fronts has battered the coast and whilst such fronts are normal for this time of the year they are normally experienced weeks apart. We have had five in quick succession, all of them bringing gale force winds and heavy rain. :-(

As for the hose, as I no longer do any gardening and our cat does not possess an opposable thumb, I can only gentlemanly suggest that it was our resident poltergeist who likes to get into the spirit of things :-D