General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I had a lot of the wrong people in my tree.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 3 Jul 2021 22:32

I have deleted a lot but I would like to start again now I know the truth, is it possible to start again with me and putting the correct people on?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 3 Jul 2021 22:59

Can you not delete the tree and start again ? I am sure I did that on here as I had made a right mess of mine.I don't bother with it now as I have my tree on Ancestry which I find easier to use

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 4 Jul 2021 10:19

If you are starting again, it would probably be easier to do it on a family tree program on your own home computer. Once you have the correct version to your satisfaction, export a gedcom and upload that to GR. That will then override your current tree and you will have the correct version on here

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 4 Jul 2021 10:44

Can you not just remove the link to the incorrect person and add the new one and go from there. so you still have the wrong family listed but have the new one as well.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 4 Jul 2021 17:38

A suggestion for the future. Some years ago I worked on one branch of my tree and eventually proved that the person I was looking for wasn't the one that I had found. This was on Ancestry so the whole lot had to be deleted. All my sources had been added and the research was correct. What a terrible waste of effort. SO... now if in doubt I start a new tree if I am a bit unsure. All the research and sources can be left on line to help others who are looking for these people. Only when I'm sure do I add my research to my main tree. Hope this makes sense.