General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Argos email

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Jul 2021 15:21

After writing a lengtht email to Argos, i looked where to send it and found the CEO John Walden. I sent it regarding my shoddy service etc with the sofas and fridge freezer. Within seconds it came back unable to deliver.
I regoogled and not sure how i missed it, a new CEO called Simon Roberts. It gave a different email.
So i forwarded it to the new email and guess what?
It was returned saying, this email box is full and cannot accept anymore emails.!!""
Honestly1 So where do i go from here.

I purposely emailed rather than tel because firstly, it would take too long to explain my complaint and secondly they keep promising to phone me back(various companies) and they never do.

i am exhausted with trying to sort out electricty meter problem and noone rings you back.

Its so time consuming isn't it?

I want to enjoy the nice weather but until, i get things sorted, I simply cant to leave these to get out of hand.

Has anyone else ever had to email Argos? If so did you get a satisfactory reply?

Florence in the hebrides

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Jul 2021 15:37

What about trying Sainsbury’s as they bought Argos out

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 2 Jul 2021 15:47

It’s a pain I know but could you post a letter to the CEO? I did this when I was getting nowhere with a complaint to Bathstore. I posted it one day, got a very apologetic phone call from the CEO’s PA the following morning and the problem was rectified straight away. If you do this make sure it gets sent to a named person and mark it Private or Personal.

Good luck.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Jul 2021 16:40

Yes I think my next step will be to write. I use to write all the time but with the post going slow re covid, emails were quicker!

So back to the typing pool again!

I will though have a look at Sainsburys website, thanks Shirley

Florence in the hebrides

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 4 Jul 2021 18:47

If you send a letter to them, might I suggest you send it so you get a signature on delivery? Or proof of delivery or whatever it is called.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 4 Jul 2021 19:03

They do say that if send a letter to a CEO to spray a little perfume on it and inside then no one else will open it. ;-) :-D

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 4 Jul 2021 20:06

There is a 'Live chat' (Click on feedback) option on the website perhaps they could give you a correct email address.

A friend told me that Argos don't accept complaints by email you have to write or phone. She was told this by someone who worked there but it was a while ago so may not be the same now.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Jul 2021 22:57

I've looked on their complaints page, at it appears it's only phone or talk to a bot (online chat)
I tried to conact a local firm via chat - and they hadn't even named the bot!
I was greeted by - bot: 'Hi, I'm bot, how can I help you?' - 'the bot:' actually came up too!

It didn't go well :-(

I said I'd like to talk to a human.
They ignored this and asked me what the problem was.
I typed up the complaint (quite a long one), then a human appeard - and asked me what the problem was! I pointed out, I'd told the bot, but apparently, he couldn't see that, so I copied & pasted what I'd written - and the human told me to phone - he wouldn't give me an email address.

I ended up phoning and demanding an email address, as I wanted written evidence of my complaint, and their response!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Jul 2021 23:57

Well I spent some time reading comments about complaints to Argos. It didnt exactly give me any hope. nearly every single complaint was about poor service, broken or poor quality goods and couldnt get responses from emailing head office or a CEO.
So after digesting all of that, I may as well not waste my time.

I found replacement items elsewhere but that wasnt really the issue.

Maybe manners should be on the exam list at school and how to deal with customers in retail jobs because as far as i can tell, noone in customer services in any job thesedays has any manners, empathy, commensense or knowledge of problem solving.
Call themselves humans? Maggie, no such thing anymore, they are all robots as they only read from a script!!

Florence in the hebrides

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jul 2021 08:58

I notice on the Argos site, if you're not happy with their resolution, they suggest you contact CTSI, which can (allegedly) be done using email.
I'd go straight to them, and complain that you're unable to even get a resolution with Argos, as it's impossible to make a complaint!

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 5 Jul 2021 12:18

I also looked at the Argos official FB page and it is full of complaints about poor service and broken items. Gone are the good days of Argos .

I had been looking for 2 sofas but am looking elsewhere now not going to take a chance with them now. Not that I have found anything I want yet. :-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 5 Jul 2021 14:16

Around 15 years ago I bought a Welsh-made sofa. I had wanted a really long one for our family room - you know, the kind where one's OH can lie for a nap while watching afternoon telly! Otherwise four adults can share it in comfort. It was very reasonably priced and I ordered a spare set of covers with it too.

It was delivered straight to our door and it is still going strong.

Even earlier, there used to be a furniture factory in Northumberland (so not too far from us now) from where I bought a three-piece suite around 1970. It was a really unusual design and I've never seen another like it anywhere.

Alas, when we returned to the UK, we left it behind in Oz with other furniture items. Something I have come to regret.

It is worth looking online.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Jul 2021 15:24

If you need something to sit on quickly there is very little choice. When our daughter got her flat last November there were several months wait for sofas.

She eventually got a 2 seater from John Lewis as it could be delivered within the week. The delivery men commented about how many of them had been delivered not knowing it was about the only one you could get. The only drawback was you had to put it together yourself. Of course Florence has the added problem of where she lives.