General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Apparently

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Apr 2021 08:59

Being pooped on by a bird is good luck.

Yesterday, after cleaning the windows otuside, I did some washing.
Whilst getting the washing in, I noticed what looked like paint on my arm - well I hadn't been painting, and when I wiped it, realised it was bird poop.
It also hit the trousers I was taking off the line - it was 'good luck' they were inside out!

This morning, I heard a loud thump.
There is the biggest bird poop all down my (washed yesterday) bedroom window :-|
This is also, apparently, 'good luck'.

I suppose, all I can say, is that it was 'good luck' I wasn't in the garden! :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Apr 2021 11:01

Be grateful it wasn’t a seagull!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 24 Apr 2021 11:31

Lucky for the bird more like, cos you didn't shoot it lol

Dermot

Dermot Report 24 Apr 2021 11:34

Where there's muck, there's luck!

Being pooped on by featherless politicians is the opposite. :-P

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Apr 2021 11:45

My daughter has a mega-lucky car at the moment.

..........Yes, seagulls !

Washing on the line often gets 'hit' and then it's not just seagulls, but also the birds which eat blackberries and elderberries.

Never could understand how that might be called lucky.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Apr 2021 14:04

Gwyn
There must be something special about Kent seagulls ;-)

I hate clearing up the purple mess on the cars and house windows in the late summer/ autumn. Always seems much worse than the normal incontinence.

Caroline

Caroline Report 24 Apr 2021 18:02

I think they say it's good luck just to make you happy because I can see nothing good in it at all. Good luck Maggie start wearing a tin helmet.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Apr 2021 18:37

As it happens, Betty - who usually sleeps in the garden wasn't there this morning.
I had a blackbird walk right up to me - he was headed straight for the back door :-0
There was also a robin.

It was, however, a lovely day.
We had a chat and lunch in the Cathedral grounds, then went to Debenhams, as younger daughter needed some tights. The place was empty of people.

One daughter bought me a top which I liked, the other bought me a dress I admired.
They also bought themselves loads of clothes.
The reductions were ridiculous - 60% and more off most things!
Then, we all saw , at the same time, a solitary pair of brown leather 'Chelsea' boots amongst a row of black 'fashion' boots. The 'Chelsea' boots were my size, so I 'claimed' them. They were 75% off - and cost me all of £18! :-D

If that's what happens when a bird poops on you - bring it on!! :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 24 Apr 2021 22:16

You should be grateful that elephants only fly in Walt Disney films

Rollo, the starling was delicious ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Apr 2021 22:27

:-D :-D :-D