General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have a puzzlement ..........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Apr 2021 02:57

On Monday, a portable toilet appeared on the boulevard in front of the church across the street from us, neatly placed and secure on a concrete slab put on the grass. That's the kind that is usually put near construction sites or at festivals. etc.

Puzzle 1 ...... why was it there??

No development sign posted for the church., which is closed because of covid but still active No notice to us of road works.

Just the Portable John

Puzzle 2 ............ it disappeared some time between yesterday afternoon and mid-morning today.

Suddenly it was there, and equally suddenly it was gone.

I wonder where it was supposed to be delivered?? :-D

Kense

Kense Report 22 Apr 2021 05:13

It is the new TARDIS disguise. The Police box design was a bit dated. Watch out for Daleks in your area.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Apr 2021 05:25

:-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Apr 2021 06:28

:-D Maybe it is now inside the church Not sure which denomination the church is. New form of confessional box?

Probab;y delivery men got it wrong.

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Apr 2021 13:07

You know those really flash public lavvies that wash themselves out when you leave?a

You have to let them lock themselves when you go in and can't help them by holding the handle down like you might with your front door.

When I was well menopausal, needing a wee every ten minutes, I was working in London which meant driving up the A3. There was a garage which was my daily salvation but the shop closed for renovations but they placed two of these toilets on the forecourt with the doors facing the carriageway.

In I dashed, with the urgency that only a menopausal woman can understand and, unknowingly, tried to speed the door closure by holding the handle down.

Luckily, I gave up and hoped it would close itself because there was no denying the call and the the fear that was building in my head was that of performing to a passing and unappreciative audience,

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Apr 2021 14:28

...I wonder if anyone used it while it was there, Sylvia?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Apr 2021 14:30

I can't remember where it was but a bus company planted a port aloo for its drivers to use.
It didn't go down well with the homeowners next to it.

I think it got removed.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Apr 2021 20:03

AnnG ............... it's a Baptist Church, owned by a Canadian Baptist congregation but also used by a Filippino Baptist church.

When allowed, the Filippinos have 2 services early on a Sunday morning, plus some events during the week. The Canadian congregation is now much smaller that it used to be, and they arrive for an 11 am service on Sunday and one3 evening group during the week.

Of course there is also the occasional wedding.

I don't think Baptists do confession.

Maggie ....... I have no idea! I could only see it from my kitchen window, so I just have "snapshots" of when it was there and then gone.

I did notice that the door faced south, down the street. Our house is across the street to the west. :-D

I'll have to keep my eye open for some new development in the neighbourhood

Caroline

Caroline Report 22 Apr 2021 20:08

Could it have been for a film crew working nearby Sylvia?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Apr 2021 21:43

no sign of one Caroline.

Streets in all 4 directions are quiet.