General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Daffodil thieves.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Apr 2021 13:20

Was just looking out of the front window and thought one of my clumps of Daffs looked odd. Someone has CUT out a dozen.

Not a happy Easter bunny :-P

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 1 Apr 2021 14:36

Cheeky beggars!

Dermot

Dermot Report 1 Apr 2021 15:00

Human life is not being embellished by these primitive vandals. :-|

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Apr 2021 15:10

All around the edge of my front garden, are grape hyacinths.
There is no fence, just a low, 2 brick high wall.
Anyone who would like to dig them up and take them away, would be doing me a favour!

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 1 Apr 2021 15:19

We have a large hedge at the front of the property with a grassed area in front of it . We planted lots of daffys along the front of the hedge, but every year as soon as they flowered, the natives would kick the heads of the flowers. So we dug them up and moved them into the back garden where we don’t stamp on them!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Apr 2021 15:26

It was so deliberate. They were so carefully cut so they were all the same length.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 1 Apr 2021 16:30

We had beautiful tea-roses in our front garden, all coming into bloom together.

One morning I got up, and the whole lot was cut.

I hope they pricked their fingers in the dark.

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Apr 2021 16:33

That would be so annoying for sure. One of my neighbours has hundreds of Daffs and every year she tells me to cut some but I would never dream of just helping myself.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Apr 2021 23:08

We have a few round the outside of the front garden, just a t the corner.

I came home one day to see from a distance a father standing there and watching his 5 year daughter pulling at at a couple of them. I called out, father looked around, gave me a nasty stare, and then walked daughter away down the side street.

Later we found a couple of the ones she'd taken just dropped on the ground.

The family lived further down the street for about a year, and w had seen them walking past the house on most days. They belonged to one of the very strict Jewish sects, and never spoke to anyone, even to return a hello, or smile.