General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh Dear She's Back

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Mar 2021 17:22

It had to happen, Scrooge is on the stove!

Yesterday, I made a nut roast with some nuts that I had bought reduced and some stale bread, it certainly didn't break the bank and we had it with roast spuds and carrots.

I made a pale gingerbread as well, to eat as pudding this week and OH, you know forty odd years a chef, man and boy or whatever they are on his planet, made a vanilla blancmange. I told him to put some vanilla extract in because I think vanilla blancmange might just be cornflour these days. He put the vanilla extract in but I had not mentioned sugar so it was white vanilla gravy! What is he?

Anyway, the nut roast was alright so most of what was left is under mash for tonight as a sort of cottage pie.

The rest of what was left is mixed with some carrots,parsnips, swede and onion and it has made five pasties. The it of pastry left has become a little pie with a wrinkled old apple that was languishing in the fruit bowl with a few frozen cherries from the freezer.

Mean old bat is here again!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Mar 2021 17:55

Not mean just thrifty ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Mar 2021 18:06

Thrifty as a fishes bum!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Mar 2021 18:16

:-D :-D :-D :-D.

Caroline

Caroline Report 17 Mar 2021 20:43

Not mean...I hate wasting food but I know others that will never eat leftovers.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 17 Mar 2021 20:50

I am not fussy as long as they are not past their best ;-) in fact I have the rest of todays casserole for another day :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Mar 2021 21:01

It seems such a long time since I was able to cook like this and we are enjoying living on leftovers again.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 18 Mar 2021 18:28

You sound just the right sort of person to help those who "just can't cook so have to buy takeaways" to learn. We are quite happy to eat the same thing for two or three days running so long as the remainder is kept in the fridge and only what is required is reheated.

Keep on with your on-line cookery course - both practical and funny.