General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Good news for a change

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Mar 2021 10:55

Prince Phillip has left hospital.

Hope he continues to improve.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Mar 2021 11:13

Yes, it's nice to have some good news for a change.

Hope he improves enough to enjoy his 100th birthday later in the year (and that the Queen remembers to send him a nice card :-D)

Kath. x

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 16 Mar 2021 11:14

Or even a telegram.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Mar 2021 11:16

Do they still do telegrams?

Kath. x

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Mar 2021 18:00

Homeward bound continue to recover God Bless <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Mar 2021 20:58

Yes, they still do telegrams ........... didn't Captain Tom get one on his birthday??

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Mar 2021 17:47

I thought it was just cards Sylvia. We arranged a message for my uncle's 100th birthday in 2015. We had to send a copy of his birth certificate as he lived in the Philippines but it was definitely a birthday card that he received with a lovely photo of the Queen on the front.

Kath.x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Mar 2021 21:40

Ah OK, Kath .......

Everything I read to see what did arrive just said "message", and I made an assumption.