General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mini video of Ancestors.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 4 Mar 2021 16:48

Do you sometimes wonder how your ancestors moved, smiled and looked in real life? You can now see your ancestors from generations past like never before.

https://blog.myheritage.com/2021/02/new-animate-the-faces-in-your-family-photos/

Worth having a go.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 4 Mar 2021 17:01

I saw some examples a couple of days ago - thought they were really creepy.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Mar 2021 17:06

So did I ! :-S

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Mar 2021 17:47

My son heard about this so has signed up for a free trial to MyHeritage and has downloaded some videos of some of my family tree photos.

I, too, think some of the ones of people who I actually knew looked a bit creepy as they didn't look quite right, but the people from further back who I didn't actually know seemed to bring them alive in a way I wouldn't have expected.

It's worth signing up just to try it out.

Kath. x