General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ice Cream Van

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 10 Feb 2021 19:07

In the City of Glasgow today the temperature was a high of one degree above and a low of -8. Two children get wrapped up a decide to go sledding down a local hill. What do they see from the hill an ice cream van with a queue of people. Apparently it’s never too cold for ice cream.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 Feb 2021 19:08

I agree, Tawny. :-D

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Feb 2021 23:59

We have heard an ice cream van round here the last couple of nights.

I'm always a bit sceptical when I hear them though because when my kids were at senior school (they are in their 40's now) they used to tell me that ice cream vans outside the school sold drugs as well as ice cream, although I don't know whether it was true or not.

Kath. x

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 11 Feb 2021 00:28

:-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 11 Feb 2021 08:06

My children are of similar age to yours, Kath, so I know it's true. Even worse is when drug dealers used to appear in their cars just outside the school gates at lunchtime and the close of the school day, looking for all the world as though they were mates or boyfriends of pupils. Some schools eventually stopped pupils leaving school grounds at lunchtimes.

It may still be going on for all I know but surreptiitiously. I only have one grandchild at school now but my daughter knows what to look for and she misses nothing.

I have to say I love ice cream, sorbets and frozen yoghurts. I always have a few choices in my freezer summer and winter.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Feb 2021 10:05

I'm not that keen on ice cream myself but hubby and youngest son, who still lives at home, both are and we always have a tub of ice cream and a box of Magnum Minis in the freezer. They are hubby's desert of choice at any time of year.

Kath. x