General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lynch syndrome

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 6 Feb 2021 15:42

i found out through genetic testing that i have the above gene mutation - with the help of the Centre for Life - i now know that a lot of the smaller villages in county durham were studied as to why the rise certain cancers and my family were part of this study in West Cornforth but the family also had links with bracepeth ,langley ,esh and quarrington hill where ancesters with this lynch syndrome also came from. I just wondered if anyone on here is from these areas and also have lynch syndrome.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Feb 2021 17:57

I have just looked this up and am sorry that you have this rare mutation.

We often tell people who ask if anyone knows of a specific person that it is very unlikely that their request would be spotted. I’m afraid the same goes for you.
Would you not be better off contacting local papers or asking Macmillan if there is a support group?

I wish you well.