General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Difficulty dressing.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Feb 2021 11:35

In his never ending quest to look like a rag and bone man, OH has bought a pair of braces.

This morning, I watched him put them on, a whole entertaining show in itself. Talk about 'can't tell his arse from his elbow'. there was a point when he was trying to pull trousers up with the braces passing between his legs.

Think I am going to get him a skirt!

Dermot

Dermot Report 3 Feb 2021 11:52

Belt & Braces. :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 3 Feb 2021 14:04

:-D :-D :-D

Our stock phrase if one of us comes downstairs looking like a ragman is 'suave as ever then Joy' - mainly because I am the one who is the dress-downer! My OH almost never looks anything other than smart. He always reminds me of a friend and colleague of years ago who liked to dress her best even at work.

She always looked nice too! <3

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 3 Feb 2021 14:18

My Dad was always suited and booted if he went out anywhere, even going for the morning paper and food shopping.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 Feb 2021 19:53

My Dad too! Shirt and tie always. My o.h. has been having problems keeping up his trousers so my son bought him braces for Christmas which work well but do not present a pretty sight lol. He also struggled to put them on but got the hang of them. However having to wear his shirts tucked in instead of out to cover his ever growing belly is not a smart look! Lizxx

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 3 Feb 2021 21:20

Hello Liz it's good to see you on here again, my Dad was a builder and I took him to a friends house so he price some work they wanted him to do, he went in his working clothes which was thick work shirt, bib and brace trousers and hobnail boots, my friend said remarked on how tidily he was dressed.
Edit. He thought he was scruffily dressed.

Allan

Allan Report 3 Feb 2021 21:21

My mother's favourite saying, if either my brother or myself thought we were looking suave and sophisticated, was "You look like a rag-pickers mannequin'"

It took me years to work out that she wasn't giving out any praises :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 4 Feb 2021 00:09

My dad always looked smart even when he wore jeans to do gardening (which was the only time he wore them)....Lord knows how we all turned out as scruffy as we did.

Annx

Annx Report 4 Feb 2021 16:03

FIL always wore a shirt and tie too, even in his 90s. He also wore braces and would still have worn button flies if he could have got them. On Sundays he and MIL,would get changed out of their scruffs after lunch.

Island

Island Report 4 Feb 2021 17:27

My dad was never without a tie. I gave one to the undertakers for him.

Dermot

Dermot Report 4 Feb 2021 17:36

"Did you dress yourself with a shovel"? :-S