General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Granddaughter on Vaccination List.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 31 Jan 2021 12:05

My 20 year old granddaughter works in a school for disabled children, many of whom are still going to school despite the lockdown.

She has been put on a list of front-line workers and could be called for vaccination at very short notice. I gather that the local vaccination centre starts each day with the right number of doses for the people with appointments, but there are always some who don't turn up. Every evening the left-over doses are offered to people like my granddaughter, and she is now getting near the top of the list.

I think it's an excellent idea, which other areas could copy.

Von

Von Report 31 Jan 2021 12:15

Definitely Andysmum.

I hope your grandaughter is able to have her jab very soon.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 Jan 2021 12:53

I think quite a few are doing similar things.

When my brother who is in his 80's went for his jab a couple of weeks ago he asked if they had any "no shows". He was told there had been one half an hour or so before him so he said his wife was waiting for him in the carpark (she is in her 70's) and would it be possible for her to have the jab there and then.

They said yes, give her a ring and ask her to come in, so she got hers which seems sensible rather than risk wasting a jab.

Kath. x