General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Search down

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 30 Jan 2021 15:27

Can anyone confirm if part of the site is down keep getting Error 504 gateway time out message when I do a search on B,D,M

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Jan 2021 15:42

Try turning off & on again you migjt find that will get you sorted hopefully .Barbara

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Jan 2021 16:55

Have you tried the free site www.freebmd.org.uk?

A lot of people don’t do any research on here as they find it better to use FMP which is actually the source for the records on here, or Ancestry or the Genealogist.

If you are really stuck try asking for help on the Find Ancestors board and someone will try and find what you are looking for.

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 30 Jan 2021 17:35

I did a search which appears to be ok. I don't get to see the actual record as I don't pay enough, but the listing was there.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 30 Jan 2021 17:47

FMP has had problems so it could be a related problem

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 30 Jan 2021 19:04

504 is caused by the web server you are connected to not getting a timely response from another server. Usually the error disappears after a bit.

Slow response to DNS requests can be a cause of 504s. This is one thing you can do something about. In your network settings change the DNS server address from their current default settings to google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.