General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Telephone calls

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Jan 2021 14:38

Is Monday phone a stranger day (to scam or whatever)?

I don't get that many unknown phone calls except it seems on Mondays. So dar today I have had five calls (all left to the answer phone, phone calls from London, Warminster and other places I have no connection with.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jan 2021 19:13

That's awful, Ann, but I suppose you can look on the bright side - never answer the phone on a Monday!

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 26 Jan 2021 12:03

We had 3 calls from Amazon Prime yesterday - we don't even have it, and one to say our internet was going to be cut off so looks as if Monday is their favourite day for these scam calls. Damn people!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Jan 2021 14:36

That's a busy day for internet scams too, it would seem.
We get very few, but I deleted 10 yesterday.

Just one Amazon automated call so far today.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Jan 2021 14:37

gosh Gwyn that must be a record.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 26 Jan 2021 15:27

They are so annoying, we get the Prime one and the transaction one where someone has ordered a very costly item ( usually a phone) . Also get the internet will be cut off one.
We had 3 of the Prime ones Saturday before 10am . The numbers change as well almost every time. Flaming nuisance!!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Jan 2021 16:30

We’ve had 2 today, including one that was a bit early. Son has had 3 today so has the daughter.
Must be targeting this telephone code area today.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 26 Jan 2021 16:56

I let calls go to answering machine, and pick up only if I want to speak to caller.

Not sure if Monday is the worst day or not, but think that I did get loads of calls (no message left) in the last few days.

Had also been getting several phone calls from a 0845 number, stopped ringing long before it even got to answering machine.
Checked it on Google. It was a BT messaging service (I am not with BT) for text messages sent to my landline. Turned out to be a reminder for a Zoom meeting on Tuesday.