General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well I will have the jab when it’s available

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Dec 2020 15:31

As it’s now being rolled out and groups being identified as the ones to get it I.m all for having it when it’s offered

Am tired of being on my own for months ,putting on weight through lack of exercise, losing motivation to do things etc etc

It won’t solve all the problems but may help in getting folks out with more confidence that they have protection

:-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Dec 2020 15:39

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it: - Positive thinking - I like it.

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Dec 2020 15:41

Hope it's a light at the end of a very long tunnel we all need something to lift our spirits it's been a tough year Barbara

Island

Island Report 8 Dec 2020 16:10

Shirley, they've started jabbing in Coventry. First customer is 91 - a very bright lady who retired from working just 4 years ago. Good for her. I can wait though.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 8 Dec 2020 16:19

First one here today was an NHS worker. The people who are going to be giving the jabs are all being done first, followed by care home occupants and workers.

We are next and OH and I will definitely get done when we can.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Dec 2020 16:33

Well I am 80 plus so hopefully am on the radar :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Dec 2020 17:12

Don't forget you need 2 vaccinations, you're not protected until after the second one. some weeks (?6) later.

Don't want you gadding around too soon :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Dec 2020 19:00

No idea when we'll get it here but not in a rush as many more in need than me...would be nice to know any long-term effects but hey ho hopefully there's none.

Maureen

Maureen Report 8 Dec 2020 22:20

Phone call from Doctors today, booked in for the Jab at surgery next Wednesday asked if i had the Flu jab recently, did i feel ill in last 7 days and i will have to sign a form before jab given.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Dec 2020 03:41

BC will start vaccinating next week, about 4,000 people in the first round ......... presumably health care workers and people in long term homes, as that is what has been mentioned in the past.

Over-80s come later ............... possibly January next year when the next delivery of vaccines is due, whether that be from Pfizer or any of the others that are nearing approval.

The around 250,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine are being shared around the provinces on a per capita basis, every province will have 1 distribution centre, but the 4 largest (Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and BC) will have 2 ............... presumably that means one in the southern part of those provinces and one in the more northern regions.

The northern provinces and territories are not receiving any of this current batch, at their own request as they do not have the ability to store the vaccine at -80C .......... that temperature spectrum appears to have become colder from the -70C that was being bandied around a few weeks ago.

There has been some talk about giving people vaccinations of the two different types, to ensure full coverage.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Dec 2020 03:42

Did anyone hear/see anythiong about the "problem" with Russia's Sptunik vaccine?

I heard somewhere that they are going to investigate the apparent suicide of people who had been given it and then later jumped out of windows :-0

Another fake story, or ??????

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Dec 2020 09:48

Looked for details about the Russian vaccine and seems it’s only been distributed 4 days ago to doctors etc

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 9 Dec 2020 10:02

I will be having the jab as soon as it is offered, but as I am in the younger part of the golden oldies age range, it will probably be after Xmas.
There are lots of incredibly stupid anti vaccine posts on social media, the worrying thing is that gullible people share them and they roll out exponentially . That only makes some people worry which is sad.

Dermot

Dermot Report 9 Dec 2020 10:34

UK regulators have issued a warning that people who have a history of "significant" allergic reactions should not currently receive the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine after two people who had the jab yesterday had allergic reactions.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Dec 2020 11:34

I have just rung a friend from the u3a group I belong too

Haven’t seen her from before lockdown

She answered and sounded awful

She has COVID!

Seems she got it from family who live locally to her .

Her son had been getting some shopping for her but was careful when he delivered

He and his family were tested when they had been in contact with someone through the track and trace and they all tested positive

She started what seemed to be a cold last Monday but it developed into her feeling really rough and she was tested positive too

Her gentleman friend too has got it

She sounded really rough on the phone

Makes me even more sure I will get the jabs when it’s offered

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 9 Dec 2020 11:43

If I had allergies that need me to carry an epipen I don't think I would want to be among the first to get the jab.