General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Absent friends

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Dec 2020 22:26

I was just thinklng that one or 2 peeps havent been on for ages but maybe i have missed a post explaining why.
Prickly Holly...Havent seen her post in ages, anybody heard from her?

Florence in the hebrides

Island

Island Report 7 Dec 2020 13:39

There's a number of fun people who don't post now. I wonder why??? :-|

Prickly Holly last posted on the games board Nov last year.
She didn't reply to my email from at least 18 months ago and didn't open a couple of pm's at about the same time. You can only put out the hand of friendship so often.

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Dec 2020 13:47

Think people are on Facebook GR has changed over the last year or two some people can be nasty & turn people off posting better just keep in touch & be here for any help or friendship if needed Barbara

Island

Island Report 7 Dec 2020 13:52

Exactly Barbra!!!!!

Ron2

Ron2 Report 7 Dec 2020 19:26

think a lot of people shifted to sites like Face Book for their "natters" - more of a fun thing really plus of course Messenger etc and they are free to use

Island

Island Report 7 Dec 2020 20:08

Ron, FB has a lot of advantages over GR chat, I've no idea if GR members have decamped there though as my FB list is only people I know. I think both are fairly quiet this year due to many being depressed by the virus.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Dec 2020 23:07

However FB is also losing people these days, and more and more are starting private groups so they can keep things out of the public domain as much as possible.

Anything you post on FB, text, photos or whatever, becomes FB's property