General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Omg how ungrateful am I !

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Dec 2020 15:14

Soo will be going to daughter for Xmas as she says no way will you be on your own

With the current eye problem won’t drive so they will pick me up and bring me back

Granddaughter rang me yesterday afternoon for a chat and I said was going to mum and coming back the day after Boxing Day because of feeding Mr Tibbs the cat

Granddaughter said no problem if you want to stay longer because i can come in and feed him

But didn’t I give you a timed feeder unit for Christmas last year?

Did you ?

Yes !

So looked in the under stairs cupboard and then it is unopened in it box

I had completely forgotten about it

We had a laugh and I said omg old age !

She wasn’t annoyed and still said if you want me to come in to feed tibbs then ok

Old age memory buds can be embarrassing :-(

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 6 Dec 2020 16:06

That’s not ungrateful, it’s good that you have the timed feeder as I gives you a bit more freedom but I expect Mr Tibbs will not speak to you when you do get back.

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Dec 2020 16:08

I would ask her to look in on him anyway.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Dec 2020 16:23

Yes I will get her to look on him

Will leave plenty of food down and a clean litter box

He usually doesn’t eat what’s left down but I worry about him anyway

He sleeps a lot when I,m not here but I get concerned he is ok

Summer holidays he goes into a cattery but they are closed

Ron2

Ron2 Report 7 Dec 2020 19:15

ShirleyI'm getting the hang of it. Hope your journey wont be too long as I wouldnt be comfortable wearing a face mask for any length of time and having a window open in a car.. Even worse if I was driving. The journey will be your first part of the risk of getting the virus. We havent seen our son for over a year now - he lives Scotland and we live Yorks and family who live near we've seen only very occasionally. Gt G'daughter born May but I've yet to give her a cuddle even tho she lives just up road. I'm in highest risk group so would hate it if I passed virus on to her. Our daughter and partner usually come for Xmas day but not this year. She works in a hospital and says visiting would be too great a risk for all of us. Youngest g'son in his early 20s is coming but knows no personal contact, as much distancing as possible and some windows will be open - he's fully in agreement with rules - he's already had 2 scares. Best of luck but sooner you than me. I have been going out at least once a week since first lockdown began but with mask and gloves and social distancing being the rule but I think this Christmas freedom will mean yet another lockdown (we're in Tier 3 anyway) and a lot more unnecessary deaths and yet more grief for NHS staff.