General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OH is

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Dec 2020 20:56

Out in the kitchen taking the spotted dick out of the steamer!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Dec 2020 21:12

Ooh TMI !! :-D :-D :-D

Florence in the hebrides

Allan

Allan Report 4 Dec 2020 21:36

:-D :-D :-D@ Florence

Caroline

Caroline Report 4 Dec 2020 21:39

How the other half lives...

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Dec 2020 21:53

TMI? Wassit mean?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Dec 2020 21:59

Too much information..lol :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Dec 2020 22:00

About my syphilitic pudding?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Dec 2020 22:12

yes :-D :-D :-D :-D

Its just a thing we say when someone is telling you something that could be construed as something terribly rude! but its said in a joke way not to offend..

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Dec 2020 23:50

Is there treatment for spotted dick?

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Dec 2020 00:11

Well, I put some cream on it.

Allan

Allan Report 5 Dec 2020 01:19

Speaking of cream, here is a copy of part of a post on a thread regarding Sherlock Holmes.

Although I didn't start the thread, I did take it over

"A horribly fascinated Holmes made the mistake, particularly in the presence of the ladies, of asking about the driver’s second signature dish.

“Well, sir, that would be my Spotted Dick”

A deep silence descended on the room.

The occupants also kept very quiet.

The cabdriver’s eyes glazed over at the memory, giving them the aspect of two boiled eggs in aspic

“I only ever produced my Spotted Dick in the Officer’s Mess. Such a sight was not for the common soldier, much as he was used to seeing all manner of stomach-churning things on the field of battle”

Miss O’Hara blushed that shade of red which gave rise to her nickname, and which was to stay with her long after she had gone with the wind.

Mrs Hudson merely smirked, whilst the men paled, started a low whistle and looked everywhere but at the driver.

Unaware of the affect his pronouncement had produced he proceeded on, lemming like, to the edge of the abyss

“The officers all agreed that they had seen nothing quite like it. Its fame even spread back to Blighty and many a new subaltern arriving fresh from England would shyly ask me to show him my Spotted Dick. Even the M.O. was amazed saying that in all his years serving in all manner of countries, mine would surely win first prize. He even gave me some cream to put on it, but I refused, telling him that the only thing to go on a Spotted Dick should be nice thick custard”

The actual thread can be found here

https://tinyurl.com/y3jg7gz9

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Dec 2020 03:58

:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Dec 2020 09:01

:-D :-D :-D :-D

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 6 Dec 2020 14:29

Thanks Allan :-) :-) :-)