General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old Threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Dec 2020 13:16

Do you ever look at your old threads?

I was looking at some of mine yesterday, re-living those seven years with the one-handed wonder and thinking how unsurprising it was that I finally lost the plot

It was not so much him leading me a dance,which he certainly did, but I had his measure alright, it was all the admin. Bureaucracy is a veritable anal stricture if ever there was one. Gotta get the boxes ticked!

Happy Days and we did have some good laughs over the poor old chap! I was glad to have this site to let it all out on.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Dec 2020 13:25

I really miss the tales of the old chap Sharron. It helped me stay cheerful through some stressed times.

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Dec 2020 13:33

I can't do them now, I don't know what he is up to.

Wouldn't like to hazard a guess either!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Dec 2020 13:34

The mind boggles Sharron, but I bet he is causing havoc ;-) :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Dec 2020 13:40

Thunder snow?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Dec 2020 15:03

You're so right about the bureaucracy, Sharron - it's increasing, and appears to be foisted upon the 'customer'.
I have emailed more than one 'service provider' asking why I appear to be doing their admin for them :-| :-|

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Dec 2020 15:30

I was feeling stressed while I read some of them, stress I had forgotten.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Dec 2020 21:15

I actually was reading through my threads and realising just how many people are not on Genes anymore. Either because they have sadly passed away or they just left..

There did use to be some very interesting members several years ago with really good threads to get a conversation going.

Florence in the hebrides

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Dec 2020 21:30

I wonder if they have left or just don't post anymore.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 Dec 2020 21:44

I think Sharron a bit of both maybe..