General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So now all plans have gone teee up!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Nov 2020 14:13

Grandson and his wife and family moved up to near Doncaster July 2019 as the house they had rented in Kent for 9 years was being sold

They looked into buying new build with the government assistance

Been a year waiting for the new build to be available but finally they moved in a month ago

Am going to daughter for Xmas as she said no way mum are you being on your own

It was ok within the guidelines

We has thought we would all go to grandson on the 27th and stay overnight at a travel lodge so we could see all of them and the new house

But seems not as we will both be in tier three and restrictions mean we can’t all mix and no facilities to stay over so reluctantly we have decided it won’t work

We are concerned with my age and daughters compromised immune after she had chemo for cancer

Soo it’s been postponed till the new year

Sad not to give all of them a hug though

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 29 Nov 2020 15:44

It is sad, but better to be safe.
We have decided that we will not be having Xmas with the family this year as the girls are in school, so we can’t be sure they will not have it at the end of term. We aren’t keen on the long trip down to London either, something which doesn’t normally bother us