General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unexpected crop

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Nov 2020 15:04

I was growing salad greens in a plastic biscuit tin in the kitchen and left the box of soil on the kitchen table ready to go outside now the greens are no more.

OH didn't pick it up when he went out and now there is a Jacky Milburn growing in it. When I say 'in it' I mean that there is as much of him as he can squeeze in but most of him is hanging over the sides but he is sleeping peacefully.

Does anybody know when you harvest Jacky Milburns and what you do with them?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 18 Nov 2020 15:12

Harvest when you like but make sure you shave the fur off as it sticks in your teeth :-D :-D :-D

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 18 Nov 2020 15:44

Perhaps if he's hanging over the edge he needs repotting.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Nov 2020 15:46

They have their own agenda

Mr Tibbs has two very comfy beds .one in the lounge and one on the top landing outside my bedroom door

I have to lock him out of my bedroom when i go to bed because he is nuisance with scratching and won’t settle

So the top landing one he ignores even though he peed and pooped in it one time
It’s been washed but still not used

The lounge one was in favour for a time but been ignored for yonks

Where is his favourite? It’s an cardboard Amazon box with a padded envelope in it that was going to be put out for recycling but was by the back door because it was raining so not able to put out

It’s been there now for three weeks and he is in it right now

Guess its not going out at the mo :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Nov 2020 16:20

Yes, I said the other day that we had my Christmas present delivered, there was a book and some tea cloths. I forgot to mention the cardboard cat bed.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Nov 2020 17:14

I must have the most annoying cat going!
Betty has had various sleeping places since lockdown.
On a dining chair
On various plastic bags on the living room floor
In the roof of a dolls house, I'm building (but haven't done much to)
On a hessian bag on the kitchen floor
In a box of 84 sachets of cat food (sachets were still in it)
On the table on a 'specific' piece of paper
On the table on a piece of cardboard
On the table on a place mat (even when asleep, she never 'spilled over' the place mat.)
On her 'scratching post' - a wicker chair with cushion and fake fur throw.
On a box of tea bags I put on a stool in the kitchen, whilst unpacking my shopping. She slept on them for a month - then I needed them!

She is currently on top of the fridge freezer, which fits snugly under a high wall cupboard.
She has 11" width of space. Fortunately there's a tray with a lip, that she's on, which confines her to 9" so I can open the fridge door without pulling her off the top. However, attempting to get anything in or out of the cupboard while she's there is difficult.
She won't take the 'hint', to move off, instead, she leans out across my face, or squeezes around and tries to get in the cupboard!

George, on the other hand spent most of the summer up a tree, or in the shrubs.
Now it's colder/wetter, he's slept on a shoe shelf, on my bedroom window sill, in a cardboard box (of course) or, his latest place - on a plastic bag on the landing.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 18 Nov 2020 20:02

My friends cat would sleep on the fridge and if she wanted any from said fridge she would wait for the cat to get off before opening it, not me I put the cat on the floor then got was needed from there.