General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

When things get worse.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 18 Nov 2020 12:05

As they have with me and hubby, his ailments are still under going investigation and no sign of the cause, it has been going on for a long time, I just burst into tears because it is all too much for me at the moment but right now I can smell my Mother in laws perfume, she died 3 years ago but I feel she is comforting me from heaven.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 18 Nov 2020 12:21

<3 <3 <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Nov 2020 12:46

She is helping you care for her boy.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Nov 2020 13:03

uncertainty is awful isn't it ZZZZ I am in a similar position although only of three months duration. Tears are a safety valve. Worse for them especially if they are in pain with no way of knowing why. <3 <3

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 18 Nov 2020 13:25

He isn’t in pain, more like great discomfort and when he has tests it sets him back health wise.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Nov 2020 16:24

Oh yes then you wonder what use the tests are.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Nov 2020 16:52

I got very frustrated when hubby was referred for tests in dec 2009

Took ten months with delays along the way waiting for appointments and results to finally get a diagnoses

He was prescribed patches to slow down his brain cell loss and slow down the protein being attached to his brain neurons but it had progressed considerably whilst waiting for all the appointments etc

He really could have had some longer healthy time with an earlier diagnosis

:-(

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 18 Nov 2020 16:53

I know what the tests are and he can’t not have them, vicious circle really and it’s dragging me down and tearful at the moment.

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 19 Nov 2020 17:31

Dear ZZzzz,
I really feel for you. We are in the same position..
Hubbys scans came back all clear,
Thats good but hes still in so much pain bless him.
Continual headaches and nausea for over 4 years and now for the past year terrible tummy pain.
Its so frustrating and I get so upset not being able to help him.
Stay safe and try to keep strong. Easy to say but hard to do. xx <3

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Nov 2020 18:33

AnnMarieG.
Thank you for saying that, I wish your hubby didn’t have the health problem and hope he is cured soon.
My hubby has had test after test but they can’t find what caused it, he has been in hospital twice.
If tomorrow’s test doesn’t show anything I don’t think he will go through any more.