General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If Donald Trump.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Nov 2020 23:31

Can prove beyond the shadow of doubt that there was fraudulent goings on during the election and it was rigged what then, will the American people have to go through all that again? I think he will end up with egg on his face and a very damaged ego because I think Biden won it fair and square.

Kay

Kay Report 9 Nov 2020 23:36

I think Trump's too egotistical to accept even facts that nothing was rigged. He'll still say he won, and it was "stolen" from him. Somebody with his personality does not, ever accept defeat.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Nov 2020 23:43

All he has achieved is showing himself to be the idiot he is and if here needs to be another election he will lose by a massive amount.
Are people really that bad at losing or do I need to get out more!

Allan

Allan Report 10 Nov 2020 00:20

The idea of losing, not winning, not coming out on top, or whatever other way you want to express it, just would not be conceivable to a person with his type of personality.

Therefore, if someone other than him has won, this could only have been achieved by cheating.

To his mind there is no other possibility.

Of course to always come out a winner in everything you do also requires a fair amount of cheating ;-)

I doubt that there will be another election. I should imagine that somewhere in the US Constitution there will be something to cover such an eventuality as this.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Nov 2020 02:45

He's planning to run in 2024, I guess because he just cannot believe that anyone could not want him to do a second term.

As Allan says, he just cannot conceives of losing, and if it looks like he will, then he cheats.

That was well known in New York re his business practices.

But then watch out ........ there was a rumour going round on this side of the big pond last year that he wanted to do away with the 2 term limit, so he could be President for Life, similar to what Putin has done in Russia

Then the world would have at least 3, possibly 4 and maybe 5, Trump kids in succession as Presidents for life

Kense

Kense Report 10 Nov 2020 07:31

It is not just Trump, there are millions of his supporters who also believe the election was rigged. They will take some convincing that it wasn't.

If anything, Trump was responsible for the counting anomalies by telling his supporters not to use postal voting.

There is some rumour that he is planning to leave the country. Perhaps his mate Kim will let him stay there.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 Nov 2020 07:59

..... and, along comes Pfizer ... he wuz robbed! :-|

I hope he's bought shares. ;-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Nov 2020 08:53

The head of the US Election Crimes Unit has resigned. What does that say?

I also saw the suggestion that Trump would leave the country. firstly, who would take him in and secondly would he agree to undergo the required Covid isolation?

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 10 Nov 2020 09:38

I think he's like a naughty child who needs his legs smacking and told to stop crying that it's not fair.

Dermot

Dermot Report 10 Nov 2020 10:23

These days, an honest politician is considered exciting front-page news. ;-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 10 Nov 2020 11:43

Dermot honest and politician’s don’t always exist lol.

What would Trump do if there was a recount and there were even more votes for Biden and putting him way ahead of Trump.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 Nov 2020 12:00

That Trump's Tantrum video is great. I don't wanna go ....lol

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 10 Nov 2020 12:39

JoyLouise. What video was that and where can I watch please?

Dermot

Dermot Report 10 Nov 2020 13:38

Trumpism will not survive Trump as it is not built on any ideology. :-S

(C& P from a National Newspaper.)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 10 Nov 2020 13:47

Th Electoral College will vote Dec 14 2020 ( assuming no unfaithful servants ) and that will be that. Eileen Murphy will have to sign off the transition funding ( about $ 10 M ).

The outgoing President is charged by the 20th Amendment to assist in a smooth change of power not to thwart the incoming administration.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Nov 2020 14:07

ZZzzz - there's the best one here:

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-white-house-biden-video-9724467

Gordon

Gordon Report 10 Nov 2020 18:50

I wonder how many dead Republican voters would be found in a retrospective trawl ? Would finding just a handful be enough to end this allegation of selective fraud ? I suspect not for the cult devotees of Trumpism ( which will survive him by the way as it has another name: The Tea Party)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 10 Nov 2020 18:58

That's the one, Maggie.

I saw it on Saturday morning and I thought it was hilarious. :-D