General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why is it that....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 8 Nov 2020 14:06

Others in the same house do something, like vacuuming and expect praise for doing it saying things like I’ve done that for you, no you’ve done it and that’s it.

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 8 Nov 2020 14:10

:-D

Maddie

Maddie Report 8 Nov 2020 14:40

i know the feeling, they probably made the mess in the first place

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Nov 2020 15:35

I live alone, but have the problem that, if I 'dare' to do anything - especially wash the kitchen floor - the cats turn up, demand food (food bowls have been picked up), and sit in the middle of the floor, or, on really bad, rainy days, one will sit in the middle of the floor, the other will go in and out of the cat flap - leaving muddy footprints :-| :-|

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 8 Nov 2020 21:04

One of my sisters cats did that she put their food and drink outside and blocked the Cat flap, much later she let them back in and they would sulk every time.

Dermot

Dermot Report 9 Nov 2020 07:00

'Vacuuming' - What's that all about? ;-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Nov 2020 09:08

Yeah I know terrible thing to have to do. He was on face time to his friend expecting a well done, didn’t get one there either.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 9 Nov 2020 12:09

As it involves machinery, it's a man's job, Dermot. ;-)

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 9 Nov 2020 13:09

Nice one JoyLouise ;-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Nov 2020 14:10

With everyone being home more I find it's impossible to clean the house, no sooner have you done one room than someone walks from a dirty room to the clean room leaving a trail of dust behind them! The dog is worse you wash a floor and she'll come and put muddy paw prints everywhere just like your cats Maggie. My cat used to sit in the middle of the room as I cleaned it, the dog just tries to drink the water.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 9 Nov 2020 15:14

All the family know we are naturally good at cleaning etc and that we enjoy it and don’t need any thanks or praise. :-P :-P :-P :-P

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Nov 2020 16:02

I have to admit to 'sorting out' who did what.
My ex was useless at decorating - he didn't know how to 'butt' wallpaper, neither did he realise that, even if the pattern on the wallpaper was loads of tiny flowers, that didn't appear to be in any order, putting it on sideways above the window 'for speed' would actually be noticed! (by me) :-D
I was more capable, as I'd spent years watching my dad botch decorating!

So, when we moved, children were older, I got a part time job.
Come the weekend, Saturdays were for going out. Sundays, he cooked dinner, did any chores I hadn't managed to do during the week (in between taking eldest to school, picking her up, and working), did the ironing, and looked after the children, while I decorated :-D