General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Parents Tenants

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 7 Nov 2020 20:46

Have handed in their notice to leave the flat. My parents were planning on selling the flat next year and giving them 6 months notice in March so it has worked out well.

My parents had a few minor issues with the tenants but the main issue was with other people living in the block. My parents have the main door flat but one of the people who owns a top floor flat had water coming in from a leaking roof. Rather than say to the other people in the building she put a pan under it and closed the door on that room.

The person who owns the other top floor flat started trying to push for closing off communal access to the roof from the hatch in the middle of the top floor 35ft up incase burglars broke into the the block that way. He thought the only roof access should be through his flat. There were a few problems with this suggestion before he fell out the attic and broke his back resulting in the flat being sold. He made a good recovery but would have struggled with all the stairs again.

Here’s to hoping the flat sells quickly once the tenants vacate.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Nov 2020 21:51

Hope for your partner's it sells quickly with no hassle and the sooner the better if recent predictions are correct.
There was a recent Tonight programme (think it was Tonight) about house prices. I know there are different rules here though.

Stamp duty will return in March I believe so that will make a difference and with many people sadly losing their jobs there may be more houses up for sale if they can't afford their mortgages.

Hope things work out for your parents Tawny, the flat will be one less thing to worry about .

Lizxx