General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding out about being in care

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

taylor

taylor Report 28 Oct 2020 12:39

Hi everyone. Hope your all well and happy today. I need help finding out if I was registered at boarding schools. I have the name of one and just the place of another. Can some one help me please. Many thanks in advance. Xx

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 28 Oct 2020 12:47

What sort of boarding school are you referring to? A public (private ) school is likely to have their own records. If social services were trying to send someone to a boarding school then surely it would be the the care records.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 Oct 2020 13:15

If it was a Blue Coat school, Taylor, there are some records online.

taylor

taylor Report 8 Jul 2021 19:51

Thankyou both for your replies it owas definately social services. So itlooks like im going to have to go thru them. Although i have nuo idea where to start. Xx

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 8 Jul 2021 20:17

I think you have answered your own question. You need to contact the Social Services department of where you were born or living at the time you went into care.

Good luck