General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cats

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Oct 2020 12:56

Well that is my wallet £64 lighter. A Saturday morning trip to the vets with Mog, antibiotics and the yoghurt to put the tablets in. After a run outside yesterday Mog came back in and promptly refused to go out again. She wasn’t herself yesterday afternoon or evening and when we tried to get hold of her she howled like a banshee. Mog might have been in a fight and has three cuts on her belly two were trying to heal but the third had a small pocket behind it. So an antibiotic injection plus 10 tablets and the yoghurt to put them in.

We do it because we love them though.

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Oct 2020 13:01

OH has just been out and I am in the front room where I was listening to what I thought was next-door trying to put some plastic sheeting in the bin.

As OH came in, Jacky Milburn jumped down from the top of the top cupboard, scattering God knows what as he came.

He was caught in the first place because he was stealing from my kitchen. I suppose old habits die hard!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Oct 2020 13:04

My vet charges £64 to say 'good morning' :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 24 Oct 2020 13:07

Cats are a species invented long ago by vets so as to have an assured income. .
The proof of this can be seen in the Egyptian monuments along the Nile and in Roman letters home.

Many Americans keep their cats indoors 24/24 but it is against the nature of them. The wildness, mystique and the pleasure of when they bestow attention and affection (when in the mood) are all the reasons to submit to felix felix.

I hope your dictator mends soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keomj64BTm0

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Oct 2020 13:29

Thank you Rollo. No doubt Mog will be tormenting her partner in crime Meg within the week.

My vets is a cat only vets. We chose them as anything cat related they’ll have seen before.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 24 Oct 2020 22:13

Tawny I hope Mog will soon be feeling better, I took our cat Gwyneth to the vet for her annual booster and a pedicure, she no longer sounds like a model walking down the catwalk in high heels when she comes through the cat-flap, I was relieved of £45, as Gwyneth has been drinking quite a lot, I booked her in for blood tests (£104) the thyroid and liver tests came back ok but her kidneys are not too good, and she has a heart murmur, she 20 years old, so I'm giving extra cuddles and treats and hoping she's here for a bit longer. <3

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Oct 2020 22:48

Aww I know the feeling ShellyRose. My parents have a 16 year old cat called Gizmo and his kidneys are not good either. Gizmo goes through phases of eating nothing and then eating everything in sight. He still behaves like a kitten when he wants to though. My parents lost his litter brother Rocky in 2018 at the age of 13 to his kidneys too. It is horrible watching them go down hill. Fingers crossed you still get a time with Gwyneth. Gizmo was diagnosed just after we lost Rocky in May 2018 and he’s still going.