General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

**********Helllo**********

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Oct 2020 11:21

Just had phone call Amazon prime not a member someone bought item £300 on my account ? Surely spam call ?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Oct 2020 14:37

If you haven't got an account - definitely a scam!
No doubt they would have asked for your bank details to refund the money.

I keep getting them telling me to pay £79.99 for Amazon Prime.
Like you, I don't use Amazon - and won't until they pay the proper amount of tax!

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Oct 2020 20:54

Maggie They left me a message please call back ye right course I will honestly they are just hard faced & cheats I have blocked their no now x

BrianW

BrianW Report 22 Oct 2020 21:14

It is probably pointless blocking their number as it is almost certainly spoofed.
Next time they ring it will apparently be from a different number.
If you do 1471 or try ringing it you will get Number Not Recognised.

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Oct 2020 21:18

Thank You Brian a bit unnerving .a lot of people get these calls .Barbara

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 22 Oct 2020 21:49

OH had one of those and reported it to Amazon.

They said they never asked anyone that sort of information by phone or email. It is always by post.

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Oct 2020 21:55

Thank You reassuring they only send letters out Barbara

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Oct 2020 22:01

I had an email yesterday supposedly from Amazon saying my account had been suspended due to possible fraud activity on my account

I forwarded it to stop-spoofing @ Amazon .com and received an acknowledgment

With this

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Amazon to bring this to our attention. Your message has been forwarded to our security department for investigation.

We strongly advise that you do not send any information to the SMS, e-mail or site which you reported to us, especially your credit card number or any personal information. If you have already shared your credit card details, you can block your card by contacting your bank. If you are concerned that your account details are at risk after having clicked on links within a Phishing or Spoofed e-mail, click here. If you have shared an Amazon gift card claim code, click here for more information.

If you are ever uncertain of the validity of an e-mail coming from Amazon, don't share any personal data. Don’t click on any supplied links until you’ve verified this communication comes from Amazon. Visit this Help page for information on how to do this.

Please note that Amazon will never request any personal information (e.g. credit card details) outside of the Amazon website or Amazon Shopping mobile app. Amazon will never ask you to provide credit card details, gift card codes or any other type of payment to verify your account or confirm account information.

Also, please be assured that Amazon does not sell customer information. Fraudsters use programmes that randomly generate e-mail addresses in the hope that some actually exist.

For more information on Security & Privacy, click here to view our help pages.

Thank you again for taking the time to notify us.

Sincerely,
Amazon.co.uk
https://www.amazon.co.uk/

They also ask for any suspicious phone calls to be reported to them

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Oct 2020 22:13

Shirley will contact them Thank you x

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 23 Oct 2020 09:43

I'm amazed each morning that we are still on the Internet as we're getting several calls every few days to say that BT are cutting us off for illegal use if we don't respond immediately. Of course we know it's a scam but some people must fall for it with the obvious results. I do report the numbers to BT anyway so that they can permanently block them, but they are different each time.