General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Subscription

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 21 Oct 2020 14:22

Has anybody else experienced having their annual subscription renewed automatically without notice ? :-(

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Oct 2020 14:30

I have mine on auto renew and usually get a Renew button highlighted along the top where the account, help etc buttons are.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 21 Oct 2020 14:44

Mine is also on auto-renew, but I always get an email telling me it is due.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 21 Oct 2020 15:49

Mine is on auto renew. It renewed last week, but I never had any notification this year.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 24 Oct 2020 22:29

My subscription has just been renewed, I pressed the auto-renew button on and it's gone through, I didn't get an email either, though the Renew button at the top of the page was highlighted.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Oct 2020 08:49

The highlighted renew button IS them notifying you. If you are on auto renew that is all you get until you get an email confirming they have taken the money. They will only email you beforehand if the are putting the price up.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 25 Oct 2020 14:36

Mine is on auto-renew.

I get an email about two weeks before it is due.

The price hasn't gone up for several years.

I get a receipt in my messages inbox after it has been paid.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Oct 2020 14:47

I wonder if the differences are down to our choices within the accounts system. Or is it GR doing their normal different ways for different people.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 25 Oct 2020 16:18

:-S :-S :-S :-S

Your guess is as good as mine!!

But that is why I said, on a previous thread not long ago, that I didn't know you were supposed to press the RENEW button.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Oct 2020 16:24

Neither did I. It appears for a couple of weeks and the I get an email saying the money has been taken.

I do get an email reminder from Ancestry.