General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

South Yorks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Oct 2020 09:53

South Yorkshire is going into Tier 3 on Saturday. Whose next?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Oct 2020 10:04

We may be, names - North East England.

I think Boris may be saving a total lockdown for everyone for a little later so he can release all of us just before Christmas - just one of those idle thoughts swimming around in my head.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Oct 2020 10:20

I think you are right Joy. My son thinks Teesside might be named on Thursday or Friday as going up to Tier 3, although there is talk that Northumberland might not. We'll have to see where Durham ends up.

Kath. x

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 21 Oct 2020 10:42

I have to say how dismayed I am by the attitude of some people from the group we may expect to behave better. From my window I have seen three people from three different households walking along arm in arm and one of those was an elderly teacher, another worked in a local school.

OH took the car for a quick run and he was annoyed at the many young people whom he took to be students getting up-close and personal. Before anyone jumps on the student comment, most residents have always been able to tell the difference between local young residents and the student population here - it is not at all difficult.

One pub garden, popular with students, was full to the brim without any distancing, OH tells me.

Although the uni has said that those students who displayed covid symptoms were confined to barracks it appears that the 'safe' ones did not have enough nous to behave better - but, then again, they probably thought as I did about moving two million people around the country during the times we live in: 'we're guinea pigs so we'll go for it.'

They're probably right as it is those between 18 and 30 who are taking part in rhe covid vaccine trials at the moment. They may yet lift us out of all those restrictions and the dread of being infected so I think the volunteers are doing all of us a good turn.

Hats off to them. <3

Caroline

Caroline Report 21 Oct 2020 22:25

I have to say JoyLouise seeing some of the people over here who haven't even attempted to do lockdown or restrictions, they would be people I normally would say were intelligent people. Since March though they've had numerous indoor parties and overnight guests etc etc. I see other people who literally haven't left their homes since March for various reasons.
We're not allowed indoor dining and drinking right now. Most gyms/movie etc are closed. With the weather changing rapidly it'll be interesting to watch the outdoor dining in the snow!

Caroline

Caroline Report 22 Oct 2020 00:49

Joan you'll probably find the rules are working if they're allowed to. Obviously, it won't be perfect but numbers would be reduced. We were down to double digits daily for the whole of Ontario only about 1.5 months ago, then we had a long weekend and everyone went stupid along the lines of hey we're in double digits....now we're back up in the 800's most days.