General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've put My name Down......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 7 Oct 2020 22:55

.....for the top job

https://tinyurl.com/y3yzpk32

:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Oct 2020 23:36

Well done!
The most I can aspire to is getting an 'A' level -which I shall put my name down for!
I have a degree - but no 'A' levels.
No, I have no idea why I was accepted through UCAS for an Honours degree with 4 GCE's and 1 GCSE, but I was, and have a 2:2. :-S
Perhaps, when I'm 66, with an 'A' level, I can get a decent job!

Allan

Allan Report 7 Oct 2020 23:41

I'll keep a Cabinet post vacant for you, Maggie :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Oct 2020 23:54

Thank you, Allan.
Can I be minister of 'You don't Say', and Secretary of 'Really'? :-D :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Oct 2020 13:09

Are you okay Mr Allan & Mrs don't see you posting a lot :-)

Allan

Allan Report 14 Oct 2020 22:28

Fine, thanks Barbra :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Oct 2020 21:50

Good x :-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Oct 2020 09:41

Are you still confined to home territory Allan? :-D :-0

Allan

Allan Report 16 Oct 2020 09:56

In a manner of speaking, JoyLouise. :-)

We are free to travel anywhere within WA except to the remote Aboriginal Communities, but still no interstate travel.

Premier is beginning to cop some flak from external sources, but most in WA agree with the restrictions.

Also no major limits on numbers who can meet or attend functions although most major sporting venues are restricted to a 50% capacity. Any person allowed to enter WA must quarantine for fourteen days at their own cost in a hotel.

Some venues, as we found when we went to Fremantle last month to celebrate our 50th Anniversary, do have their own restrictions. Took the gloss off the event but extremely minor to what others both here and overseas are having to cope with.

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Oct 2020 11:38

Good luck Allan :-D

Allan

Allan Report 16 Oct 2020 12:34

Thanks, Caroline, but my thoughts go out to others who don't have the same freedom :-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Oct 2020 13:21

:-D :-D