General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes print size

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 4 Sep 2020 14:39

Just logged onto Genes and the print size has increased. Now, on my tree, the information box is too small for the info. Where you click on the person yo add a person to them like sibling, the only option I get is delete as the rest doesn't fit in the more. I've checked 'settings' for my browser but nothing has changed there. It's only on GR. Any ideas on how to put it back as it was. Thank you

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 4 Sep 2020 14:57

GR have not changed anything the current look has been in force for years.
In order to update information from the tree view click on "edit" for a person. A form will then open at the right hand side of the screen in which you can update information. It is possible that you will have to scroll down to see all of the form including the "save" button.

The current version of GR was designed for a screen size of about 1400x900.
The most popular current resolution is about 1920x1080.
I am running GR on a 4K screen without any problems.

The display size can be temporarily enlarged or diminished by using Ctrl+ and Ctrl-.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 4 Sep 2020 15:12

Thank you Rollo. Control- reduced the print size but not the inf box problem. I've still only got delete on show. I'll try your other suggestion .

Update:- I haven't got the Edit button available. It's Delete or nothing, I'll try logging out and back in again.....No it's still the same

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Sep 2020 15:50

Have you got the arrows etc in the left hand bottom of your screen?

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 4 Sep 2020 16:44

Under the arrows that Maggie mentioned you should have a zoom in/out symbol. This changes the box size.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Sep 2020 12:00

Sorry for the delay in replying. I swapped to Edge and it was okay, so i thought it was a problem with Chrome.

I've now followed your instructions Maggi and Andysmum and its solved the problem- I must have altered it accidently at some point

Thank you both very much
Wendy

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 8 Sep 2020 12:03

Sorry for the delay in replying. I swapped to Edge and it was okay, so i thought it was a problem with Chrome.

I've now followed your instructions Maggi and Andysmum and its solved the problem- I must have altered it accidently at some point

Thank you both very much
Wendy