General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cat's 'new' home

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 Aug 2020 13:21

Since lockdown, George (cat) has been out a lot - or perhaps I've just noticed it more
He used to sleep in my bedroom all night - either on my bed, the chest of drawers, or windowsill.
During the very hot weather he started to stay outside all night (probably cooler), then all day.
During the day, I'd see him coming out of the shelter of shrubs, or the accidental 'teepee' created when I leaned some long sticks against a buddleia, or basking on some dead leylandii branches, under an overgrown leyaldii tree,(was due to be hacked own, then the virus came) in the shade - he'd be very cool to touch, despite the heat.
One day, I actually caught him coming down from the overgrown leylandii. :-S
He then peed for about 2 minutes! (nothing wrong with his bladder, then!)

He comes in about 4 times in the day for food, twice in the evening, and he will wake me up at about 6am - for 'cuddles' - he will actually sleep on my bed for 15 minutes- then 'bop' my face or try to get into my bed, to get me up - for food.

Well, despite the rain and wind of late, he's still staying out.
When he comes in, he's relatively dry.
I've been intrigued about where he's been sleeping/staying in the storm.
Today, I think I've found out.
I looked up at the tree, and, about 15 ft up, there was what looked like a nest, in between 4 branches that were perfectly shaped for a nest.

I looked again - and called George's name - the 'nest' moved!
Two minutes later, George came in for food.
He's living in the tree!

There's me occasionally thinking he's staying out because he's 'near the end', and reconnecting with nature, when, in reality, at 14, he's behaving like a teenager - and perfectly agile, fit & healthy - well, fit enough to climb the tree, and get down again :-D

Maddie

Maddie Report 26 Aug 2020 15:48

:-) bless him