General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GEDCOM ,,, How long does it take

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Aug 2020 09:53

Hi
I am trying to export my first GEDCOM file but have been waiting two days and have not received any email containing the file.

the site says processing

Does it usually take this long or should I be trying to email GR direct.

thanks

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 13 Aug 2020 10:18

When I ask them for an updated GEDCOM it usually arrives as an email attachment within 2 working days but sometimes much sooner - 4 hrs the quickest.

They will send the GEDCOM to the email address you have registered with GR.
Make sure that it is not sitting in the trash/publicity folder etc.

If you have errors in your data the export oricess may not complete. Support can check it out and make any corrections needed,

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Aug 2020 10:22

[usually arrives as an email attachment within 2 working days but sometimes much sooner]

thanks for that time scale.

how do we even contact "support" I have been finding it hard to find them

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 13 Aug 2020 11:00

send an e-mail to [email protected]

Currently they are working from home , Mon-Fri.

Genes is no longer a medium or even a small company but a one man/woman band twig on the FindMyPast tree owned by DC Thomson (Beano, Peoples Friend, Oor Wullie, The Broons and various Scottish newspapers. )