General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANCESTRY SIGN-IN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 12 Aug 2020 16:17

Despite having signed in to my Ancestry Account, I am being asked to sign in a second time to access my messages. Also to contact Customer Services.
This has never happened to me before.

When I accessed my Ancestry Account via my phone I was able to see my messages without needing to sign in twice (as the system was telling me to do using my regular laptop)

Is this a new thing?
I got hacked by being tricked into signing in twice to my gmail account some years ago and so I am nervous :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 12 Aug 2020 17:05

I’ve just tried it and got straight into my messages. But I don’t like the new layout.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 12 Aug 2020 18:34

Thanks Namelessone :-)

It's very strange.
I tried emailing them using the Ancestry Support email address that was in my contacts. I had a reply saying that I'd sent my message to an Ancestry Non-Reply address and they give me the "correct" one.

Then, Gmail couldn't send my message as they said the email address was incomplete!

I tried accessing customer support via my Ancestry Account and same thing ..... I was requested to "sign-in" a second time! :-| :-| :-|

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Aug 2020 18:43

I had problem this afternoon but OK now, when I got back in I signed out and went back in and I've had no problem since.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 12 Aug 2020 18:45

Thanks Pat :-)

I'm still having problems though. I've signed out and back in again. Signed out and signed in straight from the internet as opposed to a bookmark and still having the same problem.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 12 Aug 2020 20:24

I finally relented and signed in to "Ancestry Messaging" via gmail and got in!
Perhaps you now have to sign in separately to get the messages.

And yet I could access my Account details without having to do so! :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Aug 2020 20:42

I had problems getting in
Said page not found

Then trying again got home page but wanted me to sign in then wouldn’t accept my login

Left it again and got in straight and was already logged in

Never sign out anyway

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 13 Aug 2020 09:21

If you're having problems of any sort with Ancestry just phone them. The number is 0800 404 9723. I've rung them several times and they answer pretty quickly and immediately sort it out.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 13 Aug 2020 10:03

Yes,like Cornish Susie,I find telephoning them the quickest (and less stressful way!!) :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 13 Aug 2020 14:21

Thanks Everyone

I've not logged in to Ancestry today as yet. If I still have the same problem I will ring them. :-)