General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TRAIN INCIDENT STONE HAVEN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Aug 2020 14:04

Train come of the tracks due to heavy rain overnight Engine three carriages .One carriage on the track major incident unfolding hope it's not to bad thinking of All involved <3

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Aug 2020 14:06

There are unconfirmed reports of serious injuries. I counted at least 7 ambulances and 3 helicopters. It is a remote area and looks as if the train is not in an easy place to get to.

Hope things are not as bad as it appears to be.

Kath. x

Tawny

Tawny Report 12 Aug 2020 16:08

3 confirmed dead, 8 injured and 1 missing :-( My thoughts how out to the families of everyone caught up in this.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Aug 2020 17:13

Train driver killed unfortunately

Tawny

Tawny Report 12 Aug 2020 17:47

Changed now to 3 dead and 6 in hospital. Driver confirmed dead along with two others. He is the first driver to be killed since 2004 after someone decided to drive their car on the tracks.

Horrendous for all involved.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Aug 2020 21:41

Sadly now seems to be the driver and conductor and one passenger

Seems thankfully the train wasn’t at its full capacity because of Covid distancing

So sad that weather and landfall seems to a factor

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Aug 2020 02:41

As if there hasn't been enough tragedy this year.

My heart goes out to all involved and their families. May those lost, rest in peace.

Lizxx