General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Face Masks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrianW

BrianW Report 12 Aug 2020 12:43

Went to our local Asda recently and was disgusted to find the car park littered with used face masks.

Went to Marks & Spencer and the car park was clear of them.

Better class of customer or more efficient cleaning, I wonder?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Aug 2020 13:13

Probably more efficient cleaning. But what sort of person thinks it is ok to just throw a mask down when finished with?

Dermot

Dermot Report 12 Aug 2020 13:29

What did Michael Jackson do with all his used masks?

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Aug 2020 13:34

Probably cleaners have done M & S Asda normaly good keeping car park clean .none on Aldi people shop in Aldi have M & S bags in their cars that's snobbery :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Aug 2020 14:03

We dropped off a bag of items at the local food bank yesterday and it is the first time I have seen used face masks dropped on the floor in the parking spaces at the back of the shop (where we now drop off to save going into the shop).I can't believe people would be so thoughtless.

Mind you, the way people use face masks has me shaking my head. You see people coming out of shops and either take them off and shove them into pockets to use again (even with disposable ones) or pulling them down under their chins. I reckon most people are only wearing them because they have been told to and not because they want to avoid the virus. We wear a mask for the whole time we are out (although we are not going out too often) but we are very careful how we take them off (sanitising hands both before and after) and then we have small sealable bags to put used face masks in which are binned when we get in the house.

Kath. x

Dermot

Dermot Report 12 Aug 2020 14:24

The current virus emergency has brought to the fore how we should wash ourselves properly.

Amazing progress or what?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 12 Aug 2020 14:48

Why do all these people without water bemoan the lack of showers. Yes, it can be difficult to wash ones hair but otherwise having they never heard of boiling a kettle and using a bowl and a face cloth? That works surprisingly well.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Aug 2020 15:32

I so agree Nameless one. We do not shower every day, we don't see the need having grown up when we kept perfectly clean with a weekly bath and washing in between. Shower when over hot or in the winter 3 times a week, wash otherwise. We do not smell!!!

Dermot

Dermot Report 12 Aug 2020 18:51

'Handshaking' is temporarily banned.

No great difficulty for the Brits since that particular activity never really caught on. :-P