General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Microsoft!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Aug 2020 09:26

anyone elses' screen changed overnight? all my shortcuts have gone!!

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 2 Aug 2020 09:35

No mines the same as yesterday Bob so is OH's.

OH said right click on Desk Top and then click refresh. This may help.

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 2 Aug 2020 09:58

Mine changed a few days ago - all my shortcuts are there but along the top I have all sorts of shortcuts in which I have no interest, such as the story of Charles and Camilla! Easily removed but who decided I needed them? Big brother rules!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Aug 2020 10:19

yeah all my shortcuts on the desktop have gone I now have the "info" boxes spread across the screen, nothing on the task bar...
have to keep finding chrome to get internet....not happy!!!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 2 Aug 2020 11:08

Bob eversince Microsoft Edge installed itself on my computer, it keeps crashing all the time.It shifted my favourites to the centre of screen. I tried to uninstall it but as I was told, they own the licence to Windows so you cant get rid of it.

Permanently now i get not responding!! So irritating. I do have Mozilla but i only use that for one site .
I so wish the computer would just stay as it is.
The saying "if it isnt broke, then don't try and fix it" springs to mind!

Florence in the hebrides
:-P

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 2 Aug 2020 15:35

OH had this problem a few days ago. As everything was OK on our main computer he started investigating the settings on his laptop and found that his server was no longer google, but had changed to proxy server!! :-S

After a few words of choice language he changed it back - and all was well!! :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Aug 2020 17:04

I often get, "A network change was detected"

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 3 Aug 2020 10:17

apparently my lappie had gone into tablet mode!!!

so there yer go then!

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 5 Aug 2020 10:36

Just had an email from Microsoft to say they will be making 'some changes' on 1 Oct. regarding usage and Terms and Conditions. Now what I wonder?