General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scones problem..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Jul 2020 17:09

My Daughter for Fathers day sent me an afternoon tea hamper thingy,
the scones were delicious with the jam and clotted cream.....(remnants of which have been languishing in the fridge till now........)

now the question is

which should go in the bin first?

the cream? or the jam.....?

and as there is no sign of any extra growth,
or might it still be ok.....

Von

Von Report 8 Jul 2020 17:24

I would say the cream. Not good to take a risk with dairy products

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Jul 2020 17:43

Von ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jul 2020 17:59

Smell it man!

We had a sweet and sour last night, because there was a jar of sweet and sour sauce in the cupboard. I didn't even bother to look at the date on the jar but I did decide I would risk that packet of wok noodles that were hidden at the back. You know, those vacuum packed soft noodles tha go in when you have cooked it.

We ate them, we have lived and they were dated 2014!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Jul 2020 19:36

normally I am ok with slightly out of date stuff, but this was a play on the "cream on the bun first"/ or the jam first......

yeah it looked ok and didn't smell off........

Von

Von Report 8 Jul 2020 19:50

Bob
I appreciate the humour but on a serious note you can't smell listeria apparently. That's what my health inspector friend tells me :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jul 2020 20:17

I would make some more scones with it.

Cooking kills most things.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jul 2020 20:39

I would eat the jam and throw the cream.

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jul 2020 21:52

You could make yourself a little bit of butter or even try a tiny morsel of cheese.